North Carolina Horse Council

Membership        Sponsors        Meetings        Laws/Regulations        Grants       By-Laws/Strategic Plan





Home Page


Board Members


Executive Board


Staff -Office


Regional District


What is the NCHC?


Press Releases




Current Legislative Actions








Trail Information




Contact Us




Hurricane Preparedness Links

Hurricane Preparedness List


   If you must evacuate there is no need to leave your horses behind to ride out the storm. When a storm approaches, call to reserve stall(s) so we know you are coming. Bring your own feed, hay, bedding, and buckets. You will be responsible to care for your own horse(s)                                                                 
ALL HORSES MUST HAVE A CURRENT NEGATIVE EIA CERTIFICATE (COGGINS). Horses will not be allowed on the grounds without proof of negative EIA. 

North Carolina State Fairgrounds, Raleigh
                                                                              All stalls at the fairgrounds need to be reserved by calling (919) 733-4845. There will be a discount fee per horse per day. 

Sen. Bob Martin Ag Center, Williamston
There will be a discount fee per horse, per day. Stalls are on a first come basis, call (252) 792-5802 for information.

Western NC Ag. Center, Fletcher
Stalls available at a discounted fee per horse, per day. Call (828) 687-1414 for information and reservations.

Pinehurst Harness Track                                                                                                      Stalls available with a fee per horse. Call (910) 295-4446 for information and reservations. No camping at the track but lots of local hotels are available. 

Blowing Rock Equestrian Preserve                                                                                      Stalls $15.00 per night, camping, showers and electrical hook-ups for rent.Call (828) 295-4700 for availability and information. 

Horse Trailer Rules and Regulation Sources

NC General Assembly-Statutes on Motor Vehicles  

NC State Highway Patrol-Website,000014 

Contact the main office for questions:   (919) 715-8683 

If you have any questions regarding your drivers license, truck or trailer tags and registration it is recommended that you visit your local DMV Office with your vehicle to let them properly determine the necessary requirements. 

The type of Driver's License you need to haul your horse trailer is based on the GVWR. (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) The weight stated on the VIN plate on you truck and trailer.  

Site 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007. North Carolina Horse Council (NCHC).  All Rights Reserved.  No portion of this Web Site may be copied or reproduced without the                    expressed, written permission of the North Carolina Horse Council.  Protected under Federal and International Copyright laws. 
Disclaimer Information
Hosted-Designed by